Wedding Gifts

di74

Have recently been invited to two weddings neither of which I can attend. Have RSVP to both but want to get a gift for each couple. Usually would give €200 as a gift when myself and husband attend a wedding. Any suggestions as to what gift/how much to give??

Open the search feature from the menu bar and do a search on 'wedding gifts'. There are hundreds of posts about what to give at weddings

If you cannot attend the wedding, I think a personal note about how much you regret not being able to attend, wishing them well etc is fine.

If they are very close friends or family, maybe a small token gift, 25-40e worth. Cash is definitely not required in this instance.

i agree with SaraMc, maybe get some vouchers for somewhere rather than buying an actual gift, thye might put it towards something they want. €25-€40 is more than adequate

Thanks for suggestions, had been thinking about €50 or so for a gift/ voucher

Thanks for suggestions, had been thinking about €50 or so for a gift/ voucher

Only married two months and if guests we asked but couldn't attend give us a gift of 50 euro we would have been very happy with it.

Only married two months and if guests we asked but couldn't attend give us a gift of 50 euro we would have been very happy with it.

Do we take from that - that guests you invited didn't give you a gift or one allot less then €50.00 ?

some guests that came to the wedding gave us nothing and some who didn't come at all give nothing either ( most of them )

But some who did not come gave us up to 200 euro, but they were family.

Not we expected anything from those who didn't come. What shocked us were those who came and gave nothing at all.

Did you have Wedding List in one of the big stores? A friend of mine bought a gift of a wedding list in a well known store in Dublin for a wedding that she was invited too. She went to the wedding. Some time later she thought in strange she didn't received a thank you card from the couple. As she was very friendly with the bride's family she ask the bride's mother about her gift and if they received it and it turned out the couple never received her gift. The store made a right cock up of the gifts for her wedding. So be carefull where you have your wedding lists.

Did you have Wedding List in one of the big stores? A friend of mine bought a gift of a wedding list in a well known store in Dublin for a wedding that she was invited too. She went to the wedding. Some time later she thought in strange she didn't received a thank you card from the couple. As she was very friendly with the bride's family she ask the bride's mother about her gift and if they received it and it turned out the couple never received her gift. The store made a right cock up of the gifts for her wedding. So be carefull where you have your wedding lists.

no hate those lists. most people gave cash as we have our house already. some gave dollars as we were heading state side on our honeymoon

Like that idea about giving dollars. Both couples are going to US on their honeymoon so think I might give them dollars. I hate the thought of a gift not being used so generally make sure I get a gift receipt and include it.

Back