Wedding Cake

Liza

Hi,
I'm getting married next year. Wedding is in Darver Castle near Dundalk. I'm not from the area. Instead of getting my local baker to make the cake and pay steep delivery charge (Apparently they need deliver themselves to set up the cake in tiers...), I want to find a local wedding cake maker or bakery in Dundalk area who is reputable and good! And not someone just starting out... Thanks.

HI Lisa

I have been recording Wedding Videos in Dundalk for over 30 years and I can strongly recommend that you follow your initial instincts on this one. I have seen some awful disasters with Last Minute cake issues, especialy where long distance travel was involved.... Damaged Cakes, Missing Decorations, even once A Missing Centre Tier !

Sometimes its the Hotel that is at fault for not paying proper attention to the specific requests of the Wedding Cake supplier in relation to Refrigeration or Types of cake stands. I've even helped one unfortunate Bride to CATCH her cake just in time.

You will have none of these issues with Darver Castle in Dundalk, because they are superbly professional in how they organise what is the biggest day in any girl's life.

I would also highly recommend you talk to Louise Clarke of www.Heavenly Cakes.ie She is based in the neighbouring village of Carlingford and Darver Castle would be a regular local venue for her here in Co Louth. You can all her on 086 6031952.

Feel free to PM me if you need any other help in finding Loacal wedding suppliers.

Back