Wedding Bands in Thailand?

Hi guys

Myself and my better half are getting married next May and we have started getting some plans ready for the wedding. We visited Thailand in 2008 and we are considering returning there for our honeymoon. Obviously, like most people, money isn't exactly going spare and we have just bought a house in the past 2 months.

So basically getting to my question, would it be worth while waiting until we get to Thailand (or wherever we decide on our honeymoon) before buying our wedding bands. We both plan on getting platinum bands and was just wondering if anybody had any experience of buying their bands in Thailand.

A friend of the future Mrs. 0141607 recently waited to purchase their bands in Dubai and paid around €1k and had them valued back here at around €6k!!!

Hi guys

A friend of the future Mrs. 0141607 recently waited to purchase their bands in Dubai and paid around €1k and had them valued back here at around €6k!!!

We had a similiar experience buying in Hong Kong. Rings were priced based on spot price of Plat on that day, plus small margin and a labor cost of about 200 euro

You should get a better price by buying in Asia. Search the internet for reputable jewlers in Thailand and take it from there.

I don't understand the logic here. You are going to Thailand for your honeymoon? By then you will have had to have bought your engagement ring and wedding bands. Anyway, it's the engagement ring that's expensive - the bands don't cost that much.