Wedding at Ballykealey Manor Hotel?

cobra75

Hi there

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at Ballykealey Manor Hotel, Carlow recently? What was good, what was bad etc? We're trying to organise and book a wedding from Australia so it's a little difficult to get insights before we book!
Many thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

Hi,

Through my work I am contact with lots of brides and guests in general who have used Ballykealey.. All good reports usually. I know one person who attended a wedding there in the last few days and they were extremely positive about it too.

try www.weddingsonline.ie - there are a few brides on there getting married there. The place itself in my opinion is a beautiful hotel for a wedding, the grounds, food and staff are all top class, down side is it may be a bit on the sticks.

The Hotel is top class. Its a lovely area, lots of B&B's close by for guests. (the hotel only has 10 bedrooms i think). Food is great, and staff always come around with second helpings of main course which is always a plus for my other half! Also very good if you have kids going to the wedding - the owner there always ensures there are lots of colouring books / footballs etc to keep the kids occupied! i have no associated with the hotel other than a guest at a number of weddings there in the past couple of years!

My sister had her reception there in August, and I can only say good things about the hotel and staff. Food and service was outstanding. Waiting staff were so efficient, and were offering very generous second servings.
Would certainly recomment it to anyone for their reception

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like a winner.
Just need to see if we can afford it.
Re kids, ultimately we wanted a kid-free zone but we realise that if young uns come it's good to hear that they can accomodate.

Cheers guys