Website to shame Builder and his solicitor

I

Inter

Dear all,

I have been going through hell for the last 4 years after purchasing a site on which i built my house.

We are involved in court cases with our builder (and obviously his solicitor) so the hassle is still very much present.

This man and his so called representative bullied us, assaulted us (he got convicted in the circuit court), they lied in court, modified official documents and on and on and on.The list is too long to mention everything.

They most importantly rolled in muck our name in the local community , this is unacceptable providing that we did not do anything wrong except contracting this guy.

I would like to know what your thoughts are on my plan to open a .com website (based in the US) and shame them on it.

I only plan to put infos for which i have proofs off course. The website will be done once the remaining court case is over.

What can they do about that ?

Thank you

I'm not a legal expert but given that the case is still going on then you may be ordered to shut it down.
Look at it another way, what would you do if they launched a web site stating their situation & blaming you for everything....
ninsaga

No i won't open it till the cases are over.
I am 100% confident that they will not open their website to blame me as they do not have a leg to stand on. They have been messing arround since day 1 and do not have anything to back up their claim because they are wrong.
And they also don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster.

I will only out on this site facts with proofs, nothing more.

All i want is to clear my name , nothing more.

Any suggestions welcome on how to do it.

These kind of websites do nothing except cause aggravation and upset. It won't change this man or his solicitor, it will probably land you in libel proceedings and it is highly unlikely to damage his reputation. If anything, it will more likely make you look unhinged. Any of those sites, if you look at them are populated by hard core lunatics ( tho' mind you they outed some of the recent "in the news" solicitors - although along with hundreds others)

As a practising solicitor, my advice to clients in these circumstances, is to do what you can within the context of legal proceedings and once that is resolved, do everything you can to walk away with as much dignity and cash as possible. After that, get on with your life, accept that bad things sometimes happen, that there is no magic wand gonna put it all to good, and promise yourself that if anything like this ever happens again that you will try not to get caught out.

It is also my experience after more than 25 years at the job that there are always at least two sides to every story.

mf

Last edited by a moderator:
As a practising solicitor, my advice to clients in these circumstances, is to do what you can within the context of legal proceedings and once that is resolved, do everything you can to walk away with as much dignity and cash as possible.

Wise words indeed.

Inter

Why not get the local or national newspapers to attend the final court hearing. You could ask a freelance journalist to attend and do a court report.

That would be far easier than setting up a website. It would be independent of you, as it is written by a third party. And if you wish to highlight it further, you could distribute the article far and wide.

The National Consumer Agency is doing research into the building industry and you could make a submission to them about your problems. It might not help you, but it could shape policy to help others.

Brendan