Website(s) for energy efficient new builds

RMCF

There is a good chance that I will be in the position to build in the next 2 - 4 years.

With the rising costs of oil, gas etc, I was wondering if there was any good websites out there that could give good advice on preparing a new build to maximise energy efficiency.

Might give me an idea of what setup costs I might need to plan for at the outset.

Thanks

Visit and I'd recommend you buy the associated magazine which is bi-monthly. The next one is due soon.

Have a look at

[broken link removed]

for an idea of what quality builds can be achieved.

Davidoco,

With regard to Griffnerhaus and quality builds - have you looked at their prices? Was quoted almost E750,000 to build 3400 sq ft house about 1 year ago. We submitted plans, they submitted back to us what design they wanted to build for us. I did look at their showhouse in Fermoy, very impressed with heat retention but I don't know if I agree with the quality part - have seen other houses that are far more impressive if going down the SIP route there is a chap in Tullow by the name of Fergus Joyce - the name of the company is heartwood homes - can't think of the name of website they come in from russia and are impressive but again expensive. [broken link removed] another company dublin based. Depends on whether you want to go timberframe or block build ie. poroton. We started at timerframe, then poroton now vering towards block build with high insulation, concrete floors and good windows i.e. argon filled low e coating. SAS who is a regular contributor to this forum and sydthebeat are a mine of information and are great at giving advice.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Currently building a very well insulated house and looking for energy efficient windows anyone have any contacts for Carlow area?

Regards

Reuben

Back