Website display properties

stobear

Having an annoying problem with a new work laptop.

Two issues I have are:

Some sites I use do not take up the full area of the screen (widthways), RTE.ie example. Some other sites are also the same. Then AAM works fine, is this something I can change?. I have tickered around with the text size within IE and also the display settings. Its a Dell Latitude D610 (a brick of a thing)

The second problem is that I am not allowed to install Firefox as I dont have admin rights to do that, but I reckon I could get around it if I could select where to install the application files (ie not in Programs files directory)

stobear said:
Some sites I use do not take up the full area of the screen (widthways), RTE.ie example.
Some sites are badly designed to only take up some fixed width amount of space and center the content even if there is more space for displaying information available (cf. Scott Meyers - The Keyhole Problem). I don't think that you can do much about this.

The second problem is that I am not allowed to install Firefox as I dont have admin rights to do that, but I reckon I could get around it if I could select where to install the application files (ie not in Programs files directory)
I've only ever installed FireFox with administrative privileges myself so I never came across this but perhaps this discussion might be of interest to you?

Thanks CM, bit slow at this hour of the morning (in CA). I managed to install Firefox by selecting the Custom option and it let me install the program files in another directory apart from the Windows Program Files one which appears to be 'read only'.

Back