Website cannot be displayed

S

sunrock

Hi
I am on dial up.My computer sometimes displays the above or similiar message explaining and giving 3 reasons...
Normally i am patient and just refresh or go back and try again,but recently the message is constantly coming up very fast...not even trying to find the site.Also i often get my connection cut off so have to dial up again.At other times,esp. when i get onto a site like aam for exp. it seems to work o.k.
This morning when i logged in to yahoo and the pic came up and i navigated for a short while ....then "website cannot be displayed message came up"...and i hit the backbutton and waited for the yahoo home page to be"done" which it duly did but without completing the pic..and i know this is a bad sign as the website didn`t display.
I turned off the computer and tried again and got the yahoo home page and pic and got going...
My question is.....what`s wrong with the computer or is it to do with the line or time of day. Any advice appreciated.

Hi i normally only get that message when i forget to switch my modem on, which i sometimes do. As soon as i swtich it on its fine, so i would suspect its your line or connection...

Could be lots of things. First thing to check is if the dial-up connection is dropping. Check the status of the network connections in the control panel to see if it still connected when this next happens.

Also maybe try a few other [broken link removed] in case it's an ISP specific problem?

if you only have dialup try making your home page something that is mostly text. will save a few seconds when you first go in. for my mother who also only has dialup I set the following as her home page.
[broken link removed]

Back