webcam driver

I

iggy

I bought a webcam off ebay site which arrived yesterday. The cam looks fine but the driver disc was cracked so it wont load. I have emailed the supplier but I`m not holding out any hope of any reply as it was only €10 for the thing!
My question is; is there any way of downloading a driver from the internet as there doesn`t seem to be any manufacturers name on it? The only description on the receipt is `SUPER SERIES 8 LED PS-P640A (SQUARE) WEBCAM`
Any ideas much appreciated as I dont want to bin it just yet.

Got that soon after I posted..oops!
However I`m not too computer savvy and although I can download the zip file (winzip) I don`t know how to install it on to my computer, it just opens up in winzip with a list of technical details.
Methinks just bin it and go down to local store and buy a new one

[broken link removed] from the link posted above contains a setup.exe which you presumably run!

Seems a bit rash to dump your PC just because you can't install a driver!

Thanks Clubman...I didn`t mean dump my pc..I meant the webcam!!
When I click that link I can either `open` or `save` when I click `open` I get the aforementioned winzip display and I dont know what the next step should be to install it to my pc...I`ve tried every combination..aargh!

Seems a bit rash to dump your PC
Methinks OP meant to bin the webcam not the PC. But still rash nonetheless.

iggy, extract the setup.exe. Double click it. installation should take place at that stage.

edit: post crossed with above.

Thanks Car...still get error message `could not find driver software`

what happens when you run the setup.exe?
Thanks for your interest Car....ok here goes..when I click the set up exe. the set up wizard opens up and installs. Then `AMCap has been installed on your PC`
Next a readme notepad page opens up with info on AMCap.
So I them connect the webcam and `found new hardware` pops up.
Then `locate and install driver software` I click that and `installing device driver software`appears.So apparently now it is installing the software but after a few minutes I get `windows couldn`t find driver software for your device
Onscreen I now have two options, 1.`check for a solution` which always leads me back to `go to manufacturer`s website ` or 2. `browse my computer for driver software(advanced)` I have looked in a few places but really am not sure where to look as I am not that au fait with the guts of my PC! just end up with `couldn`t locate driver software for your unknown device`.
I have ordered another webcam from the same supplier and hopefully this time the disc will be intact..as I said it is only €10 or so and if it works or doesn`t work at least I`ll know if the disc is needed to install it.
I`m running Windows Vista so maybe thats the problem but it states on the ebay site that the webcam is compatible with Vista.
Apologies for the long post.

Normally get software of sorts with webcams, can you open this software?

Click, start > programs and see if new software was added to your list after running the setup.exe.

Normally get software of sorts with webcams, can you open this software?

Click, start > programs and see if new software was added to your list after running the setup.exe.

Just the `AMCap` icon, when I try to open it I get `sorry, you have no video capture hardware` even though I have the cam connected!
Too much bother methinks, I`ll let you know when the new cam and disc arrives. Maybe the webcam itself has been damaged because the disc was cracked in half.
Thanks again Car.

When Windows asks you to install the driver after connecting the webcam try choosing the manual/have disk option and then browse to whatever folder was installed by the setup (e.g. possibly C:\Program Files\AMCap\...) and see if you can find a suitable INF file (i.e. a file with the suffix ".inf") which will work.

Just tried that Clubman..no joy.
At this stage I better just wait `till the new webcam arrives, otherwise I`ll have no hair left and there would be no point in having a webcam with a big red hairless bonce!hehe...thanks a million guys for tryin`.

Just an update on this guys. I got my new webcam ( and disc intact) by post today and all works fine now. It looks like I needed the driver disc to install it.
Thanks for all your ideas..especially Car.

hey hey iggy
just cought onto your thread and i am having the same problem
is there any chance i can get a coppy of the drivers that worked for you
i have tryed just about every thing and am having no luck
thanks ales