Web page buttons not responding

G

geegee

I am finding that when I type in a URL or complete a field ona web page and click the "find" or "go" buttons or press return on the keyboard, my browser does not always respond and I have to click it several times to get it to do so.

Any ideas?

GG

Hi geegee,

Some questions:
What browser and operating system are you using? Is your browser up to date? Is your operating system up to date? Are you operating a firewall? What kind of connection do you have to the internet? What anti virus software have you installed and how is it configured? What anti spyware software do you have installed? If you have read the clean pc post have you found anything there which might relate to your problem?

Sorry about all the questions!

ajapale

Hi ajapale,

Thanks for your reply - answers in text.

What browser and operating system are you using?
IE 6 and Windows XP

Is your browser up to date?
I have Automatic Update enabled.

Is your operating system up to date?
It is XP SPII

Are you operating a firewall?
Yes, XP's own firewall

What kind of connection do you have to the internet?
56K dial-up modem

What anti virus software have you installed and how is it configured?
AVG free addition - standard configuration??

What anti spyware software do you have installed?
Adaware and Spybot

If you have read the clean pc post have you found anything there which might relate to your problem?

Installing all of the above, as far as I can gather.

Regards,

GG

I am finding that when I type in a URL or complete a field ona web page and click the "find" or "go" buttons or press return on the keyboard, my browser does not always respond and I have to click it several times to get it to do so.

When you click on the button or hit return to submit the form does the little Windows logo graphic in the top right hand corner of the browser start animating indicating that the browser is waiting for a response from the target site?

Back