web design

Ned_ie

Hi all

I am setting up a web page and am looking for someone to do it for me. The budget is not great what with the R at the moment so am hoping I cna get someone reasonabe to do it for me.

Anyone have any ideas of where I can go?

Many thanks

A

I have a friend who's a web designer and recently gone out on her own her rates are competitive as she's still building a client bank. I've recommended her to a couple of people who have been very happy with her work, if you want her details to have a chat and see what you think I can pm them to you.

I think a lot depends on the range of your budge and what you want.

More details and I am sure someone will recommend someone.

Ned have you seen this.......[broken link removed]

I see from your previous posts that you are an accountant so an exchange of expertise might be possible. Good Luck to both of you.

Brendan (the boss *g*) highlighted this site

Ned have you seen this.......[broken link removed]

I see from your previous posts that you are an accountant so an exchange of expertise might be possible. Good Luck to both of you.

Brendan (the boss *g*) highlighted this site

Looks good alright.

Brendan may have highlighted the site, but the thread / poster in the external link has no 'reputation' (yet), so treat it for what it is - an advert. Presumably the site owners don't vet those who advertise their services.

Depending on the complexity you could use one of the sitebuilders that are on offer from web like blacknight.ie

Say, if you were planning to build a 3 to 5 page static-content site, do people think it'd be worth doing it yourself? I have decent HTML knowledge and some CSS and would prefer to have full control over it rather than generating a "WYSIWYG" site....

Its easy enough. I don't see why not. The only thing that usually lets a home made site down is the design. But it depends what the site is for, if how it looks is important.

Thanks for the input, its for a BnB, nothing flash (literally :D), just the usual home, location, rates, contact us pages. I know how to do most of the stuff I want like floating content, navigation lists etc, but its the graphic design part and what a decent site should look like thats bothering me e.g. colour selection, what pictures to use etc....if I could manage to get a mockup of even a paper drawing of exactly what I want before diving into the markup I think i'd be OK.....

Back