Web Cam Monitoring

L

Lemurz

Can anybody advise me how to setup monitoring of a remote location via webcam (both locations are broadband enabled)

Link a webcam to a PC and leave the PC up & running 24x7, or get a router and a webcam that will link directly to a router.

Web Cam

Thanks Rainyday!

But how do I access the webcam remotely?

Is it done via a website?
or
Is there some software required?

Re: Web Cam

Once you've got the PC and webcam set up in the remote location you can use something like LogMeIn or VNC to remote control the PC and, consequently, view the camera input on the remote PC (by running the camera's own application or by running NetMeeting - Start/Run .../conf.exe).

webcam

I don't think these solutions are exactly what Lemurz is looking for..or if they are they seem more elaborate than is necessary.

I have live video of my back garden (webcam in living room looking out) which I can view from my office pc. The webcam is wireless sending the signal to my pc which then transmits it on my broadband connection. All I need to know in my office is what IP address I am using at home . Without wireless of course you are limited to the length of the webcam cable.

The software I use is Biromsoft Webcam at www.biromsoft.com/

Re: webcam

Cheers for your replies.

What sort of cash does a wireless web cam cost?

Re: webcam

Lemurz,

I bought my one for around €280, it has motion detect, alarm notifying and everything... it is great
[broken link removed]

wireless

Got mine a year ago in Maplin Electronics off Jervis Street. About Eur100. Cam transmits to the receiver which is plugged into the composite in on the pc - so you do need video in on the pc.

Back