Weather in the Caribbean (St. Lucia) in May

P

phoenixy2k

Can anyone provide advice on what the weather in the Caribbean, and more specifically St. Lucia is like in May.
We are looking at going for the last 2 weeks of May, but a few websites have said that the amount of rain can pick up in May.
Any reports greatly appreciated

St Lucia is in the path of Hurricane's and May - Dec is the usual hurricane season. St Lucia is not far from Barbados and it generally escapes the main strength of the hurricanes.

see here

I was in Barbados for the last 2 weeks of May last year and the weather was lovely, around 30 degrees everyday, no rain.

We were there in June some years ago and this weather guide would have been fairly accurate. Any down pours we experienced cleared up fairly quickly and you were back to blue skies and sun! We didn't like the place though and never went back !

We when in April and we loved it the one thing that if you are not a beach person you might find the 2 weeks very long and it is a small isalnd and it is not someplace that you can drive as the road are pretty bad and it is not recommend.We have also been to the Domminican replublic in may and yes it did rain out of the 9 days we had there we had 2 with rain and it does tend to get very Humaind..

St Lucia is a lovely island but make sure that you go out and meet the people not just stay in the all insluive as it is very safe.

Was there few years ago to visit younger bro who works on Island around Feb/ March Weather was hot but not unbearable. Can get the rain but only lasts a few minutes. Brother said its one of the better Islands to live on. Did a few tours and a catamaran around the island. Go up to the Piton mountains and drink loads of Rum I discovered a Rum called Chairmans and get my Bro to bring some home when he comes home. A lot of cruise ships come in and touristy things can get busy. Also make sure you go to the "jump up" at Gros Islet some mad Party

Enjoy