Weak sterling and duty free.

IsleOfMan

Am I right in saying that both Jersey and the Isle of Man are duty free? Now with sterling at an all time low against the Euro is it possible to visit either place and get duty free goods? Do they take mainland Sterling notes in both places? Finally, is there anywhere else in the world besides Gibraltar that uses sterling?

Alcohol up North is very good value, even with duty included. I bought a litre of Black Bush in Tesco's for £18.98, which is about €19.40! I saw 70 cl of Jamesons for £12.98 and I bought a friend 70 cl of 12 year old Jamesons for 20.98. I'm a spirits man, so I didn't pay much attention to the prices of beer, but the wine looked to be well priced as well. The bonus to getting it up North (or elsewhere in the UK) is that you can get as much as you want and never mind the duty free restrictions!

Yes when travelling to Jersey you can purchase your spirits at the Duty Free rates at the airport going out and coming home. The duty free at the Jersey Airport was good.

We went to Jersey last September for our week's holiday and we loved it. The weather was nice. We did find Jersey expensive - same as home as we are used to high prices.