We sell your car offers

ger1983

Hi recently I saw an add on donedeal for we sell your car offer. I taught it was good idea at the time so I rang them and went to the garage. I was having trouble selling my car as it has a big engine and a petrol and I kept on getting time wasters ringing. It was a deal that they would sell my car and they would 10% of the profit. I even had to sign paper work. Within a few hours I changed my mind I smelled a rat and they actually were nice about it when I went back. Just I am wondering are these offers dodgy? Or genuine. I kept thinking they would sell for 3,000 and tell me it was 2,000???

Hi Ger1983, welcome to AAM.

I presume you don't mean the 'we buy your car for cash' offers such as mentioned in this thread?

I recall a previous thread on a similar topic, but I can't find it now. In that case, sellers were being contacted upon advertising their cars by companies claiming to have lots of buyers lined up for the car they were selling. They had to pay a fee to register with the company, but were reassured that they'd soon off-load the car. After paying, most of them never heard from these companies again.

In your case, the offer may not be dodgy, but their incentive will be to get your car off their books as quickly as possible. Turn-over being key for them, and so they will not push as hard as you will to get the price you're after.