Ways around the Red Cow Roundabout?

KathScan

I intend travelling to Dundrum Shopping Centre from Limerick Via Newlands Cross. The Red Cow Roundabout terrifies me. Is there anywhere I can branch off before I get to the roundabout that will take me to Dundrum? Any help appreciated.

Turn off at Newlands cross and go down the Belguard road and down the Tallaght bypass back onto the M50 or turn off and citywest and go through Tallaght and back onto the M50. Either way you will have to go around a big Redcow style roundabout and the Redcow roundabout is by far the most direct route.

Take a right at Newlands Cross onto the Belgard Road. Follow the Belgard Road right down to end until you take a left onto the Tallaght Bypass. Follow the Tallaght Bypass until you come to the M50 roundabout. Follow the signs for M50 southbound.

Edit: Damn, too slow.

Due to the road works there is less chance of you having a problem on the Red Cow.

Just stay on the inside (nearest the centre) lane and if your nervous keep your right indicator on and then take the third exit.

Due to the road works there is less chance of you having a problem on the Red Cow.

Just stay on the inside (nearest the centre) lane and if your nervous keep your right indicator on and then take the third exit.

The right indicator should be on anyway as they are taking the third exit.

The right indicator should be on anyway as they are taking the third exit.

It should be right indicator on entering and then left indicator after the 2nd exit which I suppose is one of the reasons the OP doesn't like roundabouts.

from someone who's on it everyday, the red cow roundabout is fine. as long as you dont hit it inbound between 7-9:30am and 5-6pm, its really your fastest way to dundrum. As above, as you come up to newlands stay in the right hand lane all the way down to the red cow.
If you really want to take the belgard road, I wouldnt go all the way to the the tallaght bypass, once on the belgard road, turn left at what should be the second set of lights to bring you down to the M50 on the cookstown road.

Car is right, this is the better option. You could also park the car at Luas Depot on Naas Rd and take trip into town on the Luas. Walk up via Grafton Street (more retail therapy ) and get the Green Line direct to Dundrum.

You shouldn't let the Red Cow roundabout intimidate you. I use it all the time and its far less worrying than the Walkinstown Roundabout.