Way of avoiding annoying Bank waits

Glacier5602

I have an Ulster Bank cheque which I need to be able to get at straight away. The problem is the Banks take days get through an Account. Does any-one know any other way or Bank that it'd do it quicker?

You could ask your own bank for a temporary overdraft for a few days to the value of the cheque.

You Definitely think it would work?

It's up to your bank. I know from experience that banks can arrange temporary overdrafts over the phone. But it's entirely at their discretion, so you won't know for sure until you ask them.

I appreciate your advice. There's nothing in my Account though, that wouldn't be a problem. Would they be more reluctant to give out even a small Overdraft now, though? What does everyone else think?

For a small overdraft, your bank will take into consideration (amongst other things) your salary, your job and how you have managed your account to date. There's nobody can tell you on a website if you are going to get one. You'll have to contact your bank.

If it's only for a couple hundred Euro though, & once I've already lodged the cheque (I don't pasy an Bills or anything from it) do you see it being a major problem?

I'm with BOI and they'd allow me to draw on a cheque before it's cleared. Only last week Mr Bubbly was told that the funds from a UK cheque he was putting in were available immediatly but if it bounced, they would take the money back out. I don't know if this is normal practise though and we didn't "use" that money..infact it's probably still not cleared.

If it's only for a couple hundred Euro though, & once I've already lodged the cheque (I don't pasy an Bills or anything from it) do you see it being a major problem?

Already answered.

Try taking the cheque to the branch it is drawn under. The sort code of the branch should be at the bottom of the cheque. I think they will be able to cash it in the Branch the account is held in.

I have an Ulster Bank cheque which I need to be able to get at straight away. The problem is the Banks take days get through an Account. Does any-one know any other way or Bank that it'd do it quicker?

Anyone else think that would work?

How would that work though?

You Definitely think it would work?

I have a cheque for a few thousand, could I take out a hundred Euro overdraft?

What does everyone else think?

If it's only for a couple hundred Euro though,[...] do you see it being a major problem?

Glacier, is that you again?

Try taking the cheque to the branch it is drawn under. The sort code of the branch should be at the bottom of the cheque. I think they will be able to cash it in the Branch the account is held in.

Ulster Bank are unlikely to give you cash out for a cheque in the manner. Their normal practise is to lodge the cheque to your account (assuming you have one there) and then allow you to withdraw cash. This is to protect the bank in case the cheque is bounced or a stop placed on it by the drawer.

If it is only for a few hundred Euro though, is it never common practise to be able to withdraw a small amount & once the cheque is cleared it will be paid automatically?