Watervale - Rooskey,Co.Roscommon

2Investors

Hi All,

Has anyone any thoughts or experiences of Rooskey and the Watervale development?What would the rental market be like in this area of the country for a 3 bed semi-d?There are nice views of the shannon and a marina is planned for Watervale.Here's a link to the HOK auctioneers site.All the houses sold out in a day.

[broken link removed]

I would appreciate any comments on the area.
Thanks,

2Investors

Hi 2Investors.
The planned marina was denied pp by an Bord Pleanala last year. [broken link removed]

The average rent is 500 per month for a 3 bed. The Glanbia factory in the village has not reopened since the fire a couple of years back.

There is talk about putting in a new bridge ...

There is a bypass planned for the N4 to Drumsna which should help ...

[broken link removed]

Hopes this helps

Hi Henny Penny,
Thank you for your reply.I was just wondering would I have difficulty letting this property.I know a big employer,Wyeth is in 8 miles away Longford.Also I think there is good rental potential from holiday makers on the river shannon.

Would appreciate any further comments.Thanks again.

2Investors

Hi
There is a glut of houses to rent in Longford at the moment ... so I'm not sure you could depend on the people working in Longford ... Vistamed is a pretty big employer in Roosky and Carrick on Shannon is only 12 miles away (with MBNA and Masonite).
As regards holiday makers on the shannon ... not too sure ... we were in Dromod today and I just could not believe all the holiday homes ... I think they pretty much have the summer market cornered on that side of the shannon.
Good luck whatever you decide to do ...

Henny Penny

Thanks again for your reply Henny Penny.

I will consider getting in touch with the companies you mentioned - Masonite, MBNA and Vistamed and hopefully I will have some success there.I understood that they did reapply for planning permission to Roscommon county council for the Watervale marina.Hopefully there will be a bit of luck with this down the road as I think it would really add to the development.

Regards,
2Investors

Leitrim Roscommon and South Sligo had a massive tax break fuelled building boom in recent years and are massively overbuilt as a consequence.

Introduced in the scheme was abolished in 2005 , the 10 year relief means the dumping will start in about 2010 when the tax relief is used up .

Only properties with planning permission pre jan 2005 can be used to avail of relief and then if finished by july this year , see [broken link removed]

also see population vs house completion stats for Leitrim, they were fairly banging out houses up there for years, see

Back