waterside apts, ringsend d4

charlie MacZ

hi,

just wondering has anyone ever lived in the waterside apts, ringsend rd. d4. if so what are your thoughts??

thanks.
C

Just mentioned on the Pat Kenny Show relating to the flooding in the country!!

I rented their for a year- good location, nice down by the water, apts were ok seen worse small enough. Had 2 cars broken into in the underground carpark though- Irishtown is just up the road!!!

I rented in the Waterside apartments for two years till mid 2007. I enjoyed being so close to town. I could be in O'Connell Street in 25 minutes walk or Grafton St in about 35 minutes. That was the main plus side. It was also within easy walking distance to The O2 for concerts. You simply walked down into Irishtown and up by the church and cut across the East Link bridge. The main problems I had with it were that my car was broken into in the underground car park. Nothing was taken and no major damage was done. However, high powered motorbikes were regularly stolen and others had their cars lifted as well. I didn't like the noise levels either. The bedroom windows didn't seem to be double glazed or there were gaps allowing noise to travel it. This would largely depend whether you were facing into the courtyard or out onto the Dodder. I was facing into the courtyard. I was unfortunate enough to have a room just above the coded gate and car entrance. The gate was always crashing closed and the noise was like a wasps nest every time the electric current was activated by someone coming in. Drunks shouting at night was a problem as well. All in all, I enjoyed my two years in town and enjoyed being able to get in to the city centre for concerts etc. However, I got married and moved out for a quieter life away from the city. I wouldn't recommend The Waterside to older people or it wouldn't be a great place to bring up kids. It's great if you are young and like a bit of action though. Bring some earplugs with you.

I rented in the Waterside apartments for two years till mid 2007. I enjoyed being so close to town. I could be in O'Connell Street in 25 minutes walk or Grafton St in about 35 minutes. That was the main plus side. It was also within easy walking distance to The O2 for concerts. You simply walked down into Irishtown and up by the church and cut across the East Link bridge. The main problems I had with it were that my car was broken into in the underground car park. Nothing was taken and no major damage was done. However, high powered motorbikes were regularly stolen and others had their cars lifted as well. I didn't like the noise levels either. The bedroom windows didn't seem to be double glazed or there were gaps allowing noise to travel it. This would largely depend whether you were facing into the courtyard or out onto the Dodder. I was facing into the courtyard. I was unfortunate enough to have a room just above the coded gate and car entrance. The gate was always crashing closed and the noise was like a wasps nest every time the electric current was activated by someone coming in. Drunks shouting at night was a problem as well. All in all, I enjoyed my two years in town and enjoyed being able to get in to the city centre for concerts etc. However, I got married and moved out for a quieter life away from the city. I wouldn't recommend The Waterside to older people or it wouldn't be a great place to bring up kids. It's great if you are young and like a bit of action though. Bring some earplugs with you.

Well my second car not only got broken into but blown up (burnt out) not sure if you were there 5 years ago when it happened the car park was in bits for over a year afterwards!!

I was checking the Irish flood maps site as I live not too far away. Noticably there was a flood event at that very spot sometime (can't tell when, the map icons are rather confusing). Worth checking it out in the light of recent events/weather.

It was recounted to me by the person who I took the apartment over from about that episode with the cars getting set on fire in the car park. I was given to believe that the secure gate was the answer to this. However, there were several instances of cars getting broken into while I was there. The dogs on the street seemed to know the pedestrian gate code ! I never thought about the issue of flooding but now that I think about it, the Dodder is worrying close and that underground car park is a sitting duck (pardon the pun). I think if you don't bring a car to the Waterside, you'll be alright, otherwise make sure you're fully comp

thanks for the replies,this apt is a one bed on the ground floor, its facing the dodder and is nowhere near the carpark. i dont have a car as i work in ballsbridge. i'm still a bit suspect of it tho regarding noise and possibly bums around the back at night. the landlord did tell me that the last tenant only lasted 3 days in the place cos he said it was too noisy...! dont know why he told me that!

If I were to do it all over again, I would have bought earplugs. It was very noisy. You got kinda used to it e.g. the drone of traffic outside. However, one thing I could never get used to was the sound of inconsiderate drunks coming in at all hours of the morning. If you are facing the Dodder, you might get a few punters coming out of the Ocean Bar screaming and roaring.

If I were to do it all over again, I would have bought earplugs. It was very noisy. You got kinda used to it e.g. the drone of traffic outside. However, one thing I could never get used to was the sound of inconsiderate drunks coming in at all hours of the morning. If you are facing the Dodder, you might get a few punters coming out of the Ocean Bar screaming and roaring.

Is the Ocean bar still open- mine was was down the end away from Ocean bar on the ground floor facing the water- was not that noisey to be honest the odd time there would be people outside but most of the time it was fine.

Is the Ocean bar still open- mine was was down the end away from Ocean bar on the ground floor facing the water- was not that noisey to be honest the odd time there would be people outside but most of the time it was fine.

yes, the one i'm looking at is down the opposite end of the ocean bar on the ground floor. i hope its quiet, think i'll go for it !

Back