Watermark on Webpage

BlueSpud

Anybody know how to get a watermark on a webpage to transfer to a printout of the page. For example, I have a GIF containing the word DRAFT which I want as a watermark, and I do this with:
<BODY BACKGROUND="draft.gif">
This works fine to view the page, but dissapears when you print the page.

I think that most browsers are configured by default not to print page backgrounds to save on ink. Ultimately it's hard to force users to do something when the browser allows them to tweak their settings to do otherwise.

ClubMan said:
I think that most browsers are configured by default not to print page backgrounds to save on ink. Ultimately it's hard to force users to do something when the browser allows them to tweak their settings to do otherwise.

Thanks ClubMan, just looked & saw the setting. Do you know if it is possible to change this setting programatically?

It may be possible to use some COM control to change it in IE or maybe to programmatically access the printer settings through scripting or something like that in any browser. I don't really know. However it would be bad form to force settings on the end user.

I know you are right, ClubMan, but I just wanted someone to tell me........

I will find another way around this issue.
Thanks.