Waterfordanyone any recommendations of nice small villages in this area?

Kitten

I'm not familiar with Waterford but we are thinking of a holiday home in that region - anyone any recommendations of nice small villages in this area - I'm happy to be 30 minutes from the coast....Thanks Kitten

Re: Waterford

To buy or rent? and then what are you looking for in terms of entertainment...Dunmore is a lovely little village with pubs and restaurants. areas to google are Dunmore, woodstown, stradbally

Thank GJPC, we have 3 boys under 3 so we're looking to buy a weekend getaway out of Dublin. We'd like to be no more than a 30 minute drive from the coast and within walking distance of a nice village with pub / restaurant / shop - nothing fancy. There are so many villages on the map but when you don't know them you may as well be looking at property on the moon. We're only starting our research but it would be nice to get an idea of local knowledge.Any help appreciated.ThanksKitten

Dunmore East is lovely and great for kids, walking distance to most things.

www.thh.ie have some good rates on holiday homes. I have stayed before in Beach Cove and found them good.

Brought up in Waterford City, so familiar with the area. Dunmore is nice, but expensive http://www.halleygrace.com/ are the local estate agents in the city and details of properties can be found. 10 miles or so fro mthe city

Waterford as a destination is probably underrated - the coast stretching from Tramore to Youghal is nice, with plenty of towns and villages along the way. Ardmore is a lovely quaint village, unspoilt and with nioce bearches nearby [broken link removed]

Back