Waterford hotels- 3 star/ 4 star

Tower hotel is right on the quay and is beautiful. I thinks it's 3 star but should be 4. Also the Ramada is about 3 years old and is about 2 miles out the cork road, another lovely hotel.

Think maybe the Bridge House Hotel in New Ross or White's/ Treacy's in Wexford?

Nay comments re these?

Thanks

Think maybe the Bridge House Hotel in New Ross or White's/ Treacy's in Wexford?

Nay comments re these?

Thanks

It's the Brandon House hotel in New Ross and it's very popular for weekend breaks. They have a nice leisure centre there and have just opened a new spa. I've often eaten in the place and attended weddings / parties there - always do a decent job imo ( in the interest of fairness I live in the south east and know the owners of this hotel though the opinion I've given is my honest one.) I haven't been in Whites since it underwent major refurbishment recently but I have heard good reports about it. BTW you said in your op that you were looking for a hotel in Waterford - New Ross is 15 miles from Waterford and Wexford town is about 40 miles from Waterford, in case that matters to you.

Hi

Much appreciated for comments. Flexible re. location- looking for sunny south east and found lots of 3 star hotels in waterford and would like a gym etc if 3 star and if 4 star we might suffer without so that's why we though of Athenaeum House Hotel- so New Ross or wexford would be great too

Many thanks

Am from Wexford.

Best bet for hotel in Wexford would be "Ferrycarrig" part of The Griffin Group. Excellent setting on the river, and fantastic gym/leisure area. 4 star overall.

Kellys Hotel in Rosslare is consistently winning awards for its food, but the leisure centre is quite dated for gym. They have a new Sea Spa only opened last year & is really great. Great location beside the beach & close to golf though.

Monart House & Spa in Enniscorthy is the KING of spas- unbeleivable really- however it is adult only (no kids allowed- so that might be a problem)

Best of luck with ur trip- hope u enjoy it. The problem at the moment is that "The Sunny Southeast" isn't as sunny as we would like everyone to believe!!!

Yes sun or no sun it'll be a break-

Any comments on White's Hotel or the Talbot in Wexford viz a viz Brandon House, New Ross etc?

Whites was redeveloped last year at huge cost (€45m) so it is very new & modern- good leisure facilities also. The location is great as it is town centre- close to everything. Food can be hit & miss though.

Talbot is also a good hotel- not quite as central as Whites but not bad.

Brandon House Hotel, never stayed there but I have been there a few times. Its about 1km out of New Ross, and has new spa/leisure facility. I wouldn't rate it in the same bracket as Whites, Talbot, Kellys etc. It would be more 3 star.

What are you looking to do for the break? Golf?Leisure?Binge Drink?Just chill?

Thanks- no major plans to do anything- but just want things nice and everything close if we want touring etc and if weather is bad just go to leisure centre etc

Thanks- no major plans to do anything- but just want things nice and everything close if we want touring etc and if weather is bad just go to leisure centre etc

Best bet might be Whites- town central, leisure is on site & you have the whole down town area for shopping, restaurants, cafes & bars etc. They also have an underground car park which is vital in Wexford as the place is jammed every weekend. They seem to be doing some good packages too as they have to try & get their €45m back!!

I went to a wedding reception in the Brandon House Hotel last year and stayed the night. The room was horrible, very dated. We only stayed there for convenience but would never go back and wouldn't recommend it. What about The Woodlands Hotel in Waterford? They have a really good leisure centre, good location not far from City centre too.

Tower Hotel very central in Waterford city, would second the Woodlands suggestion also. The Marina Hotel, located behind the Tower Hotel is another option. If you don't mind being out abit further from the city, Faithlegg House Hotel is lovely, great for golfing too and it has a leisure centre, even if its a tad on the small size.

recently stayed in the fitzwilton, very new, boutique style hotel beside the bridge.....
[broken link removed]

i thought it was fab, very nice comfortable rooms, super breakfast....and it was only 99 euro on a saturday......

recently stayed in the fitzwilton, very new, boutique style hotel beside the bridge.....
[broken link removed]

i thought it was fab, very nice comfortable rooms, super breakfast....and it was only 99 euro on a saturday......

Back