Water tank (immersion) pinhole leak

Deelite

The water tank in the airing cupboard has a pin prick hole in it - I only discovered it last night - the water was spitting out and dripping down into the sitting room. I got some plumbing putty to try and seal the hole - but this isn't working. I have towels wrapped around the tank to try and absorb the water (which is working for the time being). Has anybody any advice on what to do - as I can't get a plumber until tuesday. Also does anybody know if this will be covered in my house insurance. Please help.

Re: Water Tank (Immersion)

You may need to switch off the water supply to the attic and/or immersion tank and then drain the system by running the cold and/or hot taps upstairs to stop this leak until Tuesday. Does your insurance cover not offer any service to get a plumber out in an emergency? You need to check the terms & conditions of your insurance policy document to check what's covered.

This is potentially serious and you should drain down the cylinder and refrain from using it until you've had a plumber investigate the leak- a (seemingly small) pinhole could be more extensive and a cylinder like this could literally collapse if the immersion or central heating boiler is used to heat the water in the cylinder, leading to a lot more extensive water damage.

Hi, this is serious,, but I hear you can get a product that will seal it temporarily that will stick even on wet surfaces. Lots of luck.