Water staying on Car Windscreen

odyssey06

My car is a few years old, I've noticed lately that water is staying \ sticking on one part of the Windscreen, which is in my eyeline sometimes.

I thought perhaps wiper needed replacing, but I've noticed it on the car even when stationary.
The rest of the windscreen clears away, but there's still beads of water on one part.

I thought perhaps it might be tree sap, but I've given the windscreen a proper cleaning eg this product Rain-X repellant and glass cleaner.

It helped but it is still not clearing away as well as it should.

Anyone have similar experience? Any tips or products that might resolve it fully?

Thanks.

What you need to do now is give your windscreen and the wiper blades a proper clean with a weak solution of water and white vinegar.

Mix an egg-cupful of white vinegar in a mugful of warm water. Lift the wiper blades clear of their resting position at the bottom of the windscreen. Dip one of the non-scratch household spongey scourers from the picture (I'm sure other brands are available in at least one other supermarket!) Squeeze the excess from the scourer and working from top to bottom, gently scrub the screen clean. Use a squegee to scrape away washing solution before it runs down into the scuttle area, potentially damaging metal parts. Polish away any streaks with a damp micro-fibre cloth or the more traditional scrunched-up newspaper. Rinse the scourer frequently in the washing solution.

With the wiper arms still in their upright position, gently clean the wiper blades with a back-and-forth motion using only the spongy part of the scourer. When finished, gently lower the wiper blades into their parked position. Repeat for tailgates and wipers on estates, hatchbacks, SUVs and ex-Japan saloons.

Treat rearview mirror, door mirrors, and other glassed areas, internal and external, as above. For the inside of the rear screen, use a micro fibre cloth dampened with plain water, wiping side-to-side to avoid damaging embedded wires for window-heater or aerial. Dry off immediately as you work.

Wipe splashes of the cleaning solution from internal plastics or bodywork.

Safe driving and save the planet one small bottle of white vinegar at a time. If you can buy 5 ltr containers of white vinegar, use it to clean toilets, wash-hand basins, sinks, descale kettles, showerheads, etc, etc, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2679A.jpg
    IMG_2679A.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Thanks... I hadn't thought of white vinegar.... I haven't come across the 5l bottles but I have some 1l bottles picked up in Polo store so will try that.

Safe driving and save the planet one small bottle of white vinegar at a time.

I think its white vinegar that I used to clean battery terminals on items where the battery had leaked. Found it particularly effective on kids toys.

RainEx rain repellent is very good after you have cleaned your windscreen - also works wonders on the shower doors :)

Back