Water Problems

J

joeyjay

okay, am fairly new to this but need abit of advice.

We got an attic conversion over the past few months, tanks were raised up.

Over the past few weeks, we're having problems with our water supply - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, taps wont run, loos wont flush.

My partner looked into the tanks, which were empty, then during the night, they started filling themselves back up again? Is this a watermains problem ie Council, or could we have dirt or something lodged and need a plumber??

Also, apparanlty, all of our taps, hoses etc are taken from our tanks and not mains water supply.. should this be the case??

I'm living in Drogheda by the way, if that helps at all.

Many thanks to anyone who could offer advice.

All taps should come from the water tank, except the cold water tap in the kitchen. It may be that when the tanks were raised, they were raised just enough to be above the pressure of the mains water (I think that should be good to 15 feet, but someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be along soon!). Can't think of any solution, when our attic was converted, the tanks were left at the original height, which lead to problems with low water pressure in the house (useless original plumber).

You don't say how high the tanks were, but i'm geussing not that high. So I doubt thats the problem. it more likely that the ballcock is partcially blocked. You probably need a plumber but its a 10min job.

Back