Water Filtration Systems

teddyk

Hi,
Have just had a cold call from pureh20, who provide water filtration systems. They are coming out to give a demo of the system tomorrow. Oddly, they requested that both myself and my wife be present (company policy apparently). Has anyone encountered these guys before? If so, what are they like to deal with and any idea if their systems are any good?

Thanks,

teddyk.

Don't know the company but requesting that both you and your wife are present is becoming increasingly common for this sort of thing - I think it's to avoid companies thinking they have a deal - only for that deal to be reneged on when the other half (whichever half that may be) gets home!

yup thats the reason alright - its to ensure they get an immediate sale and can sign paperwork there and then - otherwise by leaving you to consider they are increasing the chance you might decide not to run with it

Look up water treatment and water filtration in the golden pages. There are plenty of good reputable companies listed there who know a lot about water treatment and who dont employ "hard sell" sales tactics.

also beware of the [broken link removed]

Water Filters..tap water is perfectly safe to drink in Ireland (bar Galway at the moment I think) what did they do years ago when there was none of these "systems" around...

Hi all,

Thanks for the all replies and links.
Will be very wary, if I cannot cancel the demo in the meantime.

teddyk.

Came out to our house last year.They were selling the filtration unit for 2800EUR but if we bought there and then it would cost 2000EUR.Nearly fainted.No wonder they wanted two people there so one could catch the other