Watching Films On Your PC

divadsnilloc

Does anybody know how many MB's/GB's you would download whilst watching films/TV programmes etc on your PC?

Thanks

Thats a good question and although I am not 100% sure of the answer, any DIVX/AVI format films that I have watched on my PC (ie when transferred from one PC to a USB stick) usually are around 760mb. Sometimes they can go up to 1.4GB if the quality is very good and the film is very long.

I take it you are trying to work out how much it would count in your monthly download balance?

A lot is the short answer.. do you have a limit?, do you know what it is?, do you not have any way of telling how much you are downloading?

If you don't know the answers to the above questions then you may be best off limiting the amount of TV you watch on the PC.

If you dont have unlimited broadband , and you have signed up for say , 3GB , you will find out soon enough , because using the Internet will swallow up your GB's .

Most of the USB packages for limited broadband have a 'view usage ' area , where you can actually see total amount for month and how much you have used to date .

Try 'double click ' on this icon in bottom LH corner

Limit is 8MB per month and there is a facility with the ISP to monitor usage. Based on replies to date, usage is going to be severely limited.

Limit is 8MB per month.

The good news is that you could watch a film (or TV) on www.filmon.com but with if I'm correct and you mean 8GB then you could watch possibly 16 films a month before breaking your limit.

note

Download speed most people 1MB to 3MB. Cable users up to 20MB.
Download limit between 6GB and unlimited.

1GB is 1000MB - a film on filmon watched in standard def would be at least 500MB

Depends on the quality I suppose but as an example, if you were to rip a DVD into mp4 format, it is about 1GB in size...half that size if it's lower quality. Not sure how that equates to film streaming but it might help give you an idea.