Waste water treatment system

fatboise

I'm currently ready to install a waste water treatment system on my site and I'm wondering do I need to an Irish Aggregate Board certificate for the tank???

Is this a legal requirement for the tank?

Any information would be appreciated........

[broken link removed] operate a scheme whereby building materials and equiment which is new to the market can be tested and certified. Most (but not all) domestic waste water treatment systems are Agrément Certified. Im not sure that there is any leglislation which makes certification compulsory (perhaps its a planning requirement?).

Agrément certification is designed specifically for new building products and processes that do not yet have a long history of use and for which published national standards do not yet exist.

ajapale

Have you had a look at to see if there is anything useful there?

If you use the search facility on vBulletin some of the previous threads might throw up something such as the AAM key post on Septic Tanks.

This [broken link removed] info. might help. also.

There really should be an Agrement certificate for such a system. This certificate will demonstrate that the system is designed and manufactured to certain standards and most importantly is suitable for use in this country, where our climactic conditions, soil types, water usage etc are far different than our other european neighbours. Homebond will not allow the use of building materials in registered dwellings unless they have Agrement certification. I wouldn't spend a considerable sum of money on something as fundamental as a treatment system unless it was certified. check out the Irish Agrement Board website for more info.........

Anyone out there with experiences of the Enviorcare or Balmoral waste treatment systems...I have quotes for both but its really after sales service and problems down the line that will help make my mind up...

Back