Washing machine-stagnant smelling water

remey

Hi,

I'm having a prob with my washing machine for the past week. The fabric softener is not emptying out of the compartment in the drawer. Well, it is possibly emptying partly and refilling again during the wash with part water, part softener. The result is smelly clothes, almost like there is stagnant water floating around somewhere which is disgusting.

I've put on an empty wash with just bleach thinking it may help by flushing it out but unfortunately not.
I emptied the filter on the bottom of the machine last night and only a small amount of water came out.

Any ideas anyone? The machine is 3 yrs old.

...Any ideas anyone? The machine is 3 yrs old.
1) take out dispenser drawer and wash it, as the drain holes are clogged
2) apart from the filter, there is a drain tube at the bottom of the machine - did you empty this and then check the filter?
3) try a wash-cycle with a cup of white vinegar in the drum
4) check drain tube and filter again

Thanks for the replies, I washed out the dispenser drawer but probem still there.
Beside the filter at the bottom there was a thin black tube which I emptied also, very little water came out. I emptied this one first, then twisted out the filter one (well its the larger one beside it, I think its the filter?)

Will try that wash cycle with vinergar this evening, thanks.

Sparkeee how can I check if the pump is blocked?

Thanks

Also had this issue and I found the problem was that the drain hose was compresses or crushed behind the washing machine. Because of this the pump was not able to remove all the waste water and it went stagnate.

Pull out the machine and loosen up the waste hose and carefully push machine back keeping an eye on how the hose rests.

i had this problem a while back. it turned out that there was two filters on the washing machine, one general filter and one main filter. the main filter was blocked.

Back