Washing machine not working

evanne

Hi Folks,
My washing machine is on the blink. Its filling and emptying,its just not spinning around. I thought maybe it was the filter that needed to be cleared out, but Alas There is no filter!!
Any suggestions??? Its a hotpoint Aquarius 900. I can't find anything on the hotpoint website. I really don't want to call out a plumber...
Thanks in advance
Evanne

Anything of any use in . Make sure you unplug the machine before you start messing around with it.

Motor issue I'd say. And you don't need a plumber...you need a washing repair man...difference...where are you located?

Is it a washer/drier by any chance? I used to have problems with my machine where the drum wouldn't take a full load otherwise when it started the spin cycle the belt around the drum at the back got disengaged from the motor...so it wouldn't spin at all.
Check the back of the machine and see if the belt has come off and if so it can be fixed with a bit of brute force (I used the handle of a broom to lever it back on)

I have same machine but a 7.kg load and after 2 years the brushes in the motor had to be replaced which should have lasted for several years Odd

If the machine is washing then the motor is fine - newer machine dont have filters like the older ones -so you may have to dismantle the outlet hose to clear whatever obstruction is there - with the weight of the extra water the machine just wont spin !!

Back