Washing machine does not drain

suzyann

Anytime I put my 3 year old Zanussi washing machine on a standard D 40 Degrees or wool wash or something similar it doesnt appear to drain or spin the clothes. With the affect that I have to set it to do a long spin after the wash - I have tried the drain cycle but this doesn't seem to be getting rid of the excess water - sometimes even the long spin doesn't work and Iam still left with excess water in the machine. Do I need to buy a new washing machine or could this problem be easily fixed ?

Thanks
suzyann

we had the same on our built in smeg last month. I turned out to just be fluff, coins, collar stiffiners etc all at the filter - there should be a rub seal that pops out and you can clean all that off and it should be fine

I had the same problem with my washing machine a few months back. Unfortunately for me I called the repair guy out and it turned out that the spin speed had been turned down to 0 - all i had to do was turn the dial up! I was so mad cos it cost me 50 euro for something so simple.

That's what its like when you have children, always messing with buttons and knobs.

Check the drain pipe,straighten it out and point it either in to the sink or in to a basin (depending the way it's plumbed in ), also check the filter, if this still doesn't resolve..the wash program could be stuffed.

Back