washer/dryer

Sammie

anyone recommend a good brand?

or would you recommend one of them at all, I have heard they are very unreliable??

thanks

All I can say is don't go there - found them absolutely terrible. Plus when it breaks down (& it will!) you are down two appliances as such.

Would have to agree. I know in apartments etc you may not have a choice but if you have the room get them separate. There is also the problem that the dryer will only take half what the washing machine takes so you have to dry two loads and can't wash anything during this time. I didn't have space in my kitchen for both so the dryer is out in the garden shed. So far no problems

Agree with the above. The drum is too small to handle more than a couple of bath towels -plus when I had one, the belt attaching the drum to the motor was constantly coming off...and was very hard to re-attach.

Definitely go for the separates.

ok, thanks

any recommendations on a brand for a tumble dryer so??

does it need to be vented with a hose???

You can get two types - the vented type which needs an outlet or a condenser dryer. This gathers water in a container at the bottom of the dryer & you need to empty it every week or so in the case of the one I have. I have a Hotpoint Aquarius condenser dryer for the last 4 years & it has never given me any trouble.

I had one of these at one stage when I was renting an apartment. I would not dream of having one of these. They are terrible. The washing part was fine but the drying took forever. Much better to have a separate tumble dryer. I have one of the condenser ones and I find it brilliant.

I have a zanussi condenser dryer,very happy with it, it has drying sensors so you dont overdry the clothes and it also holds 7 kilos load and its B energy. We paid about 350 in DID.