Was there any announcement about the €2m pension cap being increased?

It’ll be hard for any PAYE worker with reasonably standard terms and conditions to get to €2.8m index linked. Even highly paid people tend to be subject to a cap on the employer pension contribution (e.g. 10% of salary, subject to a maximum salary of €X).

Obviously there are a lot of variables to get there but is there any example of what say a €2m would look like from a career earrings and contributions with average growth would look like. Or someone want to share? I’m talking paye.

Obviously there are a lot of variables to get there but is there any example of what say a €2m would look like from a career earrings and contributions with average growth would look like. Or someone want to share? I’m talking paye.
Not sure what you mean but if I put into compound interest calculator 3300e a month at 8% growth for 15 years on a starting fund of 277k this gets me to 2.4m in 15 years. Also presumes 5% contribution growth from salary increases and TF contribution limit increases. I'm 45 earning around 120 PA.

Last edited:

Ya thats what i was asking. That seems like a big contribution even on that salary.

Obviously the 15 years is short.

Company pays 8% and I contribute 25% so it should be ok there or thereabouts.

I was building up to the 25% over a few years and eventually got used to living without it.