Warsaw for stags tips

gar123

hi there

just booked start of march for the stags in warsaw, staying at the hilton

anyone been out there partying? looking for some tips cheers

Was there for a stag weekend around this time last year and to be honest it's not a great destination for a stag but maybe it's changed since then. Don't get me wrong we had a good time but generally with stag parties you want to have a few drinks walk to the bar next door have a few more head to the next bar etc i.e. everything within a short walk. Warsaw is not like that it's a huge city and it's sort of hard to get a feel for the center of the city (although the Hilton is well located if memory serves). When we were in a bar and wanted to find the next decent spot you had a good walk or maybe even a taxi ride to find the next place so it's hard to keep people together.

I'm not one for boozing all day so I took the camera and headed off for a walk around the city, not much to see really if I'm honest I was a little disappointed. All in all it was ok I wouldn't be rushing back to Warsaw but I have been elsewhere in Poland and loved it.

On the positive side the people are lovely and very helpful, the women are beautiful and it's a lot cheaper than a night out in Dublin and you can stay out a lot later.

A great place to spend a few hours chilling out and shooting some pool during the day and the food is pretty good too. Plenty of TV's with sport on aswell.
http://www.champions.pl/

This bar was probably one the nicest bars we were in but they could be strict on the door so a big group of people staggering up to the door is a non-runner. If memory serves there is a nightclub directly across the street but I can't remember the name.
[broken link removed]

A good guide for the city
http://inyourpocket.com/poland/warsaw/en/

Heh,

Been to Krakow & Warsaw recently. You've booked now but would of recommended Krakow instead, anyhow... Don't bother going to the so called irish bar 'Patricks', they are rude & ignorant in there and there isnt even an Irish person working there. There is another small Irish pub there. I can't remember it's name but its really good, its beside 2 nightclubs.

Be careful if you go to any strip clubs. I met a stag group from Cork over there & 3 of them left the strip club early & moments later a car pulled up & 3 people jumped out. They ran & the people got back into the car & chased them up pedestrian streets and everything.

Another stag group i met from England, they were a good laugh. One night they got jumped by about 12 Polish guys when they were going through the underpass/subway. Not to put you off or anything, but just watch out for each other.

I personally had no trouble & i was out till all hours & in different clubs. The Polish people are really nice & you will have a great laugh.

thanks for the advice

i handt even thought of krowkow got the inpression it would be full of god botherers visiting a pope shrine!

Jimmy Bradley’s ul. Sienna 39, tel. 022 654 66 56

is the best Irish pub in Warsaw. Kevin - who owns the place - is a brother of the Connacht rugby coach, and is full of good advice. Plenty of atmos there if there's 6 nations on the weekend you are over.

Stay away from Patrick's - unless you want drink at 5am. I don't know if it even claims to be an Irish pub

I've never yet had a bad night in Warsaw, and I've been over a fair few times. Would agree that paparazzi is fairly decent

The sports bar at the Sheraton is good for drinks and bar food. It's also where most of the Irish expats in Warsaw hang out so they would give you some tips.

Unless the car was full of strippers then that's bad!
One night they got jumped by about 12 Polish guys when they were going through the underpass/subway.

The Polish people are really nice & you will have a great laugh.
Well not all of them obviously. Just like anywhere.

I'd have very little sympathy for anybody who got themselves into a spot of bother at a strip club.

I'm sure they wouldn't be as keen on the idea if it was their daughters or sisters performing in the clubs.

As Philboy says, don't bother with Warsaw, head straight for Krakow, the train service is fast and cheap if you can't change your flights, you should be able to cancel your hotel booking without difficulty.