warranty problem/advice

D

daddy N

hello,i bought a new commercial jeep (39k euro) from a main dealer in april 2006 and have had it serviced by them since .it is still under warranty,problem is after about 4 months a loud rattle came into the engine.i have had it back to the garage on 6 occassions since (major inconvenience) but they cannot solve it. at times you would think the engine is going to seize but the garage say its only pipes rattling. i dont agree with this as it sounds like its inside the engine. i was going to trade the jeep in for a new one but dealer is looking for 12000 euro which i think is too much for 16 months driving. i am in the situation that i cant sell private as anyone who hears the engine noise will definetely not buy it. i do 50k km per year and cannot afford to be off the road can anyone advice me what to do please

Have you got a professional opinion on what is wrong from an independent garage/mechanic?

Sorry, I don't know where you should go.

If you say where you are based, and what make of vehicle you have, maybe someone else can recommend someone.

Six occassions?!! Go back and demand to speak with the service manager and explain the situation. This is not good enough from a main dealer, they need to give the jeep a detailed once over and get to the root of the problem at once. Be polite but firm. Six return trips for the same recurring problem is crazy.

I hope this is a main franchise dealer you bought it from and service it with!

If so ring the importer and ask for someone in customer service. See how that goes.

After that and if you don't get it sorted get on to an independent trade accessor and get a report done. But you'll get further with the importer.

i attempted to trade it in for a new one and the dealer quoted 12k to change . (so 12k depreciation not 27k) sounded expensive but maybe not to far ott. more annoying is the fact that i dont have an option of going somewhere else due to the gremlins in the engine.

12k isn't bad. In the eyes of the dealer it's two years old.

Chances are that jeep won't be sold till 2008, has 2006 plate, so it's two years old. By the times it's gotten it's pre-sales service etc.

You can trade it in any where, noise in the engine wont stop you trading it in.