Warranty on car imports

nad

Hi does the manufacturers warranty stay in place across borders ,
e.g. if i impoprted a 7 month old car with a manufacturers 3 year warranty would the manufacturer be obliged to stand over the car for the next 29 month's in this country

I think it depends on the warranty. Some cars/makes have pan european warranties and some are country specific.

Depends where it came from. Most have a Europeen warranty only. If it's Jap (Toyota, Nissan etc) all info incl. VLC and purchase paper work will have to be sent to the importer to register the car here. If it's a M.Benz the 3rd year is only in the U.K. Bear in mind that there will be no Goodwill towards anything that goes outside warranty.

Warranty will only be obliged once you hold up your side of the bargin and get the car serviced on time and if you don't use a franchise dealer you must use Genuine parts and have all paper work to support this.

Some Motorfactors will tell you that you can use OE parts which is true however most OE manufactures are not updated and can be wrong. ie. went to local motor factors for OE oil filter for a Passat dsl, counter staff gave me a MAHLE oil filter, I told him that the Manufacturer uses Purflux for this car and that that filter he wanted to sell me was not OE, he then informed me that I still should buy the MAHLE filter as it's a better filter. His information was wrong from his computer.

Example 05 Ford Focus LX UK vehicle...3 Year warranty anywhere in UK incl N.Irl..... 05 Ford Focus LX UK imported into RoI. i.e VRT paid or southern registered Ford Focus LX.....2 year warranty the same as all other Fords in Ireland (RoI). Warranty as per country of last registeration

Back