Warranty for Samsung soundbar bought online from a German retailer?

TestLink

Hi,
If I buy a Samsing soundbar from an online German retailer, would I get warranty in Ireland?

I got different response from Samsung Ireland when I contacted them via Chat Support and then via Phone support.

One told me that the item warranty is covered in Ireland but other support agent told that no warranty if bought from Germany.

Do any one know what is the correct answer?

In this page they mention - https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/warranty/

European​

Consumers who are using a product in a country in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“Europe”) which was first purchased in another country in Europe can obtain warranty services. The period of the warranty and the warranty service provided will be those of the country in Europe where the warranty claim is made.

Details published on the corporate site are usually pretty reliable. That said, your primary protection will be consumer legislation which outlines greater responsibilities of the vendor to support any issues that arise. With that, it's important to check the returns policy of the place you are looking at buying from and see how easy it will be to return a faulty product.

Back