Warning pixmania customer service

A

Angry sarah

We had a digital camera bought for us in November last year from my new mother and father in law for our Honeymoon from Pixmania. It broke down on us just after Christmas, the lens would not open or shut properly. We sent it back to Pix in the middle of February on the pretense that if they could not repair and re deliver in 40 days then we would get a refund or replacement!!!
My mother in Law chased them just after the 40 days and they said they couldn't fix it so we would get the replacement or refund, then some time went by with no contact or camera, then they were chased and they said that it had been repaired and sent to us but they received it back with addressee unknown?????? ( but didn't contact us to find out any info ) then they said it had been delivered ( Back to the supposed wrong address before they confirmed it with us ) We have had no communication from customer services regarding the whereabouts of our camera or our requests to get our money back or for compensation we had to them all the time!!!! all we got was standard emails, including the one today stating a camera has been posted to us yesterday, so will wait to see if this one turns up!!!!! not once has there been an appology, and i have to say this has to be the most inconvenience we have ever had from a company.......
I will never use them again and would recommend anyone not to use them unless you like the the challenge and inconvenience!!!!!
I will be taking this further as they seem to think they can get away with treating there customers like this, well not this one. I deal with customers every day and i have respect for my customers and treat them the way i would like to be treated. Pixmania Clearly lack people skills and Do Not understand the meaning of Customer Satisfaction.
Very Very unhappy person

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa! that's too bad indeed! but i also heard stories that pixmania is a reputable company. maybe this is an isolated case? or i could be wrong??

here's hoping that you get a new camera or your money back!

In my experience, Pixmania are brilliant if things go right. Great price, fast delivery, only ick thing is my video camera arrived with no english instructions but everything we have bought from them has been brilliant and I would highly recommend them. I believe I have done so on this site.

The we bought something, I can't remember what to be honest, we buy most of our electronics and gadgets from them. It arrived broken and therein began a month long struggle of emails back and forth with a really rude and unhelpful pixmania "assistant". If my husband wasn't as persistent as he was, they would have got away with it. I'm sure they tried to wear him down by claiming it never arrived back, then they found it but there was nothing wrong. It was a nightmare.

We haven't bought from them since. I would say they are brilliant until something goes wrong, then you have a fight on your hands. My hubby was made to feel like he was making it up/pulling a fast one :-(

too bad for you. i once bought an item from pixmania and it was ok. i guess i just have to hope that every time i buy something, my purchase is A-OK!