Warner Brothers Theme Park Madrid.........Hidden Gem

dublinflyer1

First of all I am not in any way affiliated with this theme park, I am just a very impressed parent.

I would just like to let you know that I brought my 2 year old to Parque Warner Brothers (official name) last weekend. It is approx 20 miles from Madrid airport.

I was at Disneyland Paris with my daughter before Christmas but Warner Brothers was hands down a much better theme park.

I have been to most of the theme parks in Florida, and Parque Warner Brothers was as big and as good as any of them.

Its like Disney except it features the Looney Tunes characters such as Bugs Bunny, Tweety bird and Tom & Jerry instead of Mickey Mouse etc.

At Disneyland Paris my daughter was able to go on 3 rides, while at Warner she went on at least 10 rides for her age.

There were also shows featuring the characters and we got a photo with Bugs Bunny in his house.

Cartoon Village where we spent most of the day specifically caters for younger kids. There are other areas such as Superhero land that is for older kids with huge rollercoasters and other high tempo rides.

Admission is free for under 3 year olds and €35 for Adults (alot cheaper than Disney)

It doesnt have hotels around the park like Disney but it is only a 20 minute drive from Madrid city centre. Alternatively you can take the train to the park from the city.

We stayed just off Grand Via in the city and had a nice meal in the Plaza Mayor on Saturday night.

It was 25 degrees in Madrid yesterday so we had a great day in the sun. My daughter was well covered with a sun hat but I got a little burnt!

We took the 4pm Aer Lingus flight on Saturday afternoon. Flight 2hrs 5 mins long. We explored the city Saturday evening. Yesterday morning we took a taxi to the theme park and we were there for when it opened at 11am. The same taxi picked us up at 6pm and took us straight to the airport where we took the 20:15 flight back to Dublin.

All in all a great trip and my daughter is delighted with herself.

Website link below.

www.parquewarner.com (In spanish though im afraid!)

Hi Dubflyer,

Is the park aimed at the younger market ? How would it suit 8, 9 & 11 yr old boys?

Also, any idea if Ryanair fly into the same airport or is it miles away?

A long weekend in Madrid sound appealling

The park also caters for older children with loads of scary rides in Superhero land featuring the likes of Superman and Batman.

As far as I know Ryanair fly into the main Madrid airport too.

DublinFlyer, Did you stay in Madrid itself and then just do a day trip to the park?
Are there hotels at the park and would you recommend it for a 2/3 day break with a 2 year old and 4 year old?

As i stated in opening post we stayed in Madrid city just off Grand Via (equivalent to O'Connel street in Dublin).

We just went for one night.

There are no hotels close to the park. The nearest one is the Holiday Inn Express Getafe about 10 mins from the park. It is located in a retail park (looked very like Airside park in Dublin). I nearly booked this hotel but instead opted for the city one so we could see a bit of the city.

And yes I would definitely recommend this park for a 2 and 4 year old. I would go here before Disneyland Paris.

Only issue you may have is that the character shows are in Spanish but my 2 year old was just taken in by seeing the characters.

Thanks for the post. Madrid is a city I've always wanted to go to and from what you are saying it is possible to see a bit of the city and then have something for the kids also. If there were cheap flights it sounds like it could be a nice 2/3 day break.