warm winter holiday jan with 3yr old

Figgywiggy

My Partner and I are looking to go away for a week with our 3yr old twins. We would like to go to a peaceful warm place with lots to do for 3yr olds i.e. beach. Looked at Lanzarote but seems to be a bit windy this time of year. Could anyone recommend something else from Shannon. Cheers :)

Just back from "Breezy" Teguise in Lanzarote. The breeze keeps the intense heat away and kept my kids from being overheated, too hot is hassle too! The breeze, while present most of the time, was not a major problem. The weather was a bit fresh but there was no shortage of people swimming in the sea and sun bathing, we went to the beach most days. Puerto Del Carmen is less breezy and appeared to be a bit hotter on average the days I was there, its on a more sheltered part of the island, so gets less wind.

If you want intense heat then I don't think you will get it in Lanza in January but with 3 year old kids then Puerto Del Carmen might be fine.

Thank you so much that sounds perfect not too hot for them not too windy so no problems with sand in their eyes. Fair play happy Xmas.:)

We stayed in "Los Zocos club" in Teguise. Google it and you can read a lot of reports on tripadvisor about the place, the pool is freezing though, although we prefer the beach anyway. The sea is about as warm as Ireland in August.

our old 'friends' Ryanair fly direct from Shannon to Fuerteventura. I just did a trial run for two adults and two children out jan 19 back jan 26 cost €433 before the credit charge and baggage. even with that you should be ok for under €500 return. hire an apartment of an owner for another €250/300. if you stay in caleta a taxi will cost €12 and theres a nice safe beach for the kids. plenty of child friendly restaurants and the big hotels (barcelo ) have nightly entertainment. the resort is very very quiet though if you are used to the 'usual' resorts it comes as somewhat of a surprise. Corralejo is busier but you either need to hire a car or if by taxi the cost will be upwards of €40/50. Jandia in the south is stunning but more German orientated. Have a nice time anyway. cheers

I have just returned from Fuerteventura and after trying the other canary Islands have to say Fuerteventura is my favourite.
Last trip stayed in Correlajo which is more commerical this time stayed in Calete de Fuste and loved it.

As mentioned by Cuchailinn the resort is quiet so you can walk in peace no one trying to sell time share, get you into restaurants etc.
There was a breeze but it was welcome, we were there in jan last time and weather was a nice 21-24 every day.

Fly with Ryan air (all 1c flights for Jan are now sold) but still not too expensive. Check out this web site for good deals www.thomson.co.uk (prices are in stg) click on hotels= fuerteventura and your date you will get a list of available.
Jan 17-24 will cost 210 stg in a 1 bed apartment in the Castillo San Jorge which is a fantastic hotel overlooking the sea, it has a kiddy club, there is a promanade walk from it to beach 700 mtr and you can feed the chipmunks the twins will love them they are so friendly and will eat from you hand.
Hotel has 3 pools and 2 a la carte restaurants as well as buffet.
Taxi cost us 9.50 from airport.

Lanzarote is ideal for your holiday. It does have a Breeze but this is nice. Stay in Playa Blanca at the wonderful Princesa Yaiza Hotel. The hotel is right on the beach in the center of the resort and very secure. We flew into fuertaventura with ryanair and got the 15 min ferry accross to Lanzarote. You can actually walk from the ferry terminal to the hotel.
Hope this helps

Dubai or Abu Dhabi in Jan or Feb . Great climate, lovely resort hotels, child friendly staff and locals. Etihad fly direct from Dublin to Abu Dhabi 6 times per week.

Lanzarote is ideal for your holiday. It does have a Breeze but this is nice. Stay in Playa Blanca at the wonderful Princesa Yaiza Hotel. The hotel is right on the beach in the center of the resort and very secure. We flew into fuertaventura with ryanair and got the 15 min ferry accross to Lanzarote. You can actually walk from the ferry terminal to the hotel.
Hope this helps

How much for did the holiday cost. Ferry / taxi / flights /hotel. I've thought about doing this with Ryanair myself.

How did it all work out regarding Ferry connections and time of flights etc?

Fred Olsen Ferry sails every 40 minutes. You buy your tickets at the port. €37 for 2 adults & one child. I booked a private transfer from the airport to the ferry port(Correlajo). €35.
The sailing takes about 15 to 20 minutes and lands at Playa blanca. I would do this journey again no problem. Completly hassle free.

Back