Wanted - All Ireland Hurling ticket(s)

cronley

I am a genuine Cork supporter looking for 1 or more tickets for the All Ireland hurling final on 11/9/05. Any tickets deeply appreciated.

I am Galway man who cant get a ticket so if there are any going spare i would love one as well

gg

Hi cronley and oysterman,

Don't panic yet. The final is still 2 weeks away so I don't think the tickets have been distributed to the county boards / clubs yet. If you're a paid up member of your local club you should at least be entered in a draw for tickets that your club gets - so there's still hope.

I'm not sure if you've been at the rest of the Galway / Cork games to date, but it always amazes me how the participating counties ALWAYS complain that they never have enough tickets for the final. However, if you look at the attendances of the earlier games, and in particular the quarter finals / semi finals which were held in Croke Park, there wasn't more than 40K people at these games. Assuming that the split was 50 / 50 between the participating teams, this would mean that Cork and Galway had around 20K supporters at the games. (I was at the Cork / Clare semi final and it appeared to me that Clare had more support that day than Cork). I'm not sure how many tickets the participating counties get, but I think it's around the 20K mark. If this is the number that's allocated, then priority should be given to people who have attended the earlier games.

You're always going to get the "prawn sandwiches brigade" (copyright Roy Keane) who only appear on the big day, but this is always going to happen.

Best of luck in your search though and may the best team win!

Why don't you ask the football team for theirs. After today's performance I am certain that they won't want to see Croker again for a while .

Try asking your mates outside of Cork & Galway as there may be unwanted tickets in those counties, like Tipp for example!

Thanks for the constructive comments & suggestions. I agree , some system should be developed to give priority to those who attended the earlier games - think of the extra people the GAA would get at the earlier games if they operated this system.
In the meantime I must keep searching. Someone out there reading this would surely have contacts that could organise a ticket(s) - come on, make the effort - make a few phone calls to those contacts. Dont leave it too late - leave enough time for me to post on the money & for you to post back the ticket.

If anyone is interested - I will swop football final ticket(s) for hurling final ticket(s).

I would be interested where are the hurling tickets for and how many have you?

gg

gg
You seem to misunderstand. I am looking for tickets for the all ireland hurling final on 11/09/05. I will be getting tickets for the all ireland football final on 25/09/05 which I will swop for hurling tickets on 11/09/05. If you wish, please ring me at 086 8386208.

cronley

"I'm not sure if you've been at the rest of the Galway / Cork games to date, but it always amazes me how the participating counties ALWAYS complain that they never have enough tickets for the final. However, if you look at the attendances of the earlier games, and in particular the quarter finals / semi finals which were held in Croke Park, there wasn't more than 40K people at these games. Assuming that the split was 50 / 50 between the participating teams, this would mean that Cork and Galway had around 20K supporters at the games. (I was at the Cork / Clare semi final and it appeared to me that Clare had more support that day than Cork). I'm not sure how many tickets the participating counties get, but I think it's around the 20K mark. If this is the number that's allocated, then priority should be given to people who have attended the earlier games."

Not being smart, but its a hell of a lot of money to expect people to pay to go to every match, particularly when you have to get from Cork/Galway to Dublin for so many matches.
I mean, look what the GAA did to Cork supporters by dragging them to Croke Park for so many matches when some of them could obviously have been played in Semple Stadium for example. Look at Cork playing fecking Kerry and the GAA insisting it be held in Dublin.....what message does that send out to genuine supporters.

I mean why do the local branches of the GAA moan about lack of funding from central government when they all insist, certainly within Munster, of havign their own big 40k+ stadium that gets filled about 1 a year at most on average, and often might not be filled more than 1 every 2 years.

Spare tickets may be surfacing now. Anyone with spare tickets on their hands or interested in swopping hurling final tickets for football final tickets - please ring me on 086 8386208

Hi Cronley i got 1 hurling ticket today but still need another if i end up with any spare i will give you a call

gg

Looking to get hurling final tickets for myself and my dad - he's from cork but lives in Tipp & I live in Dublin so not members of boards in Cork.

Any help appreciated - email edwardcur At eircom.net

thanks

neonitrix

Hi Legend99,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Cork and Galway HURLERS played just twice in Croke Park this year. They played in the quarter finals (which was a double header) and the semi final. Sunday will be their third game in "headquarters". All of Cork's previous games (in the Munster championship) were played in Munster (the semi final was in Thurles and the final was in Cork) so besides the quarter and semi finals, the only travelling that Cork supporters had to do was to Thurles. Now I don't know the capacity of either Thurles or Cork, but I'd say it's around 40K. Following on from my previous post where I estimated that the support is split 50 / 50, this still leaves 20K per team. I read somewhere this week where the participating counties are getting 27K ticket.

You appear to be in an enviable / un-enviable (delete where appropriate) position where both your football and hurling teams had a good run in the championship. Coming from a "weaker" county, I'd gladly swap with you :)

Best of luck on Sunday and may the best team win (provided it's Galway who I backed with Paddy Power last March @ 10/1).

Any one travelling to croker should put 600 on Galway minors at 1/3 to win 200 that should cover the expenses as they look like certs to win.

gg

I only caught a snippet of it last night but there was a documentary about a guy trying to get all-ireland tickets for his father, I think it was in New York

He had to go to all sorts of places but he eventually got them of a truck driver
I am not sure of the name of the program as I had a couple of points of guinness

if i can get anymore info I will post it

stuart@buyingtolet.ie

Back