Wanted: 2nd hand (or free!) Mannequin

Plek Trum

Hi all,

in order to beat the recession and cheer a few of us up, I am holding a 'Haunted House' party in 3 weeks (seemed like a good idea at the time !).

I've managed to source a few good props but I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help with a shop dummy / mannequin. If you know of someone getting rid of one ..or i indeed two.. can you please let me know?

I have scoured the net for 2nd hand / free ones and no avail. I'm located in Kerry but would travel to collect if that helps. Fingers crossed.. and thanks!

Don't mean to sound like a vulture, but what with recesion hit retail and all that, maybe keep your eyes peeled for clothes shops closing down?

Yep, I have been keeping an eye on a few shops (and skips too!) I would prefer to pick one up ASAP though. Its an eye opener to do a search for 'real life dummy / mannequin' and see what comes up.. not good!

... I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help with a shop dummy ...
Try the checkouts at any branch of the multiples; they'll be very lightly used and all you'll need to maintain them is endless supplies of chewing gum and old copies of Heat magazine.

.. and if they move they'll scare the bejeezus out of you.

Ha ha - not too far off!!

Just a thought - if anyone has any good condition halloween props they may be interested in getting rid of, please feel free to post here or PM me.. thanks