Wanted: 2nd hand (or free!) Mannequin

Plek Trum

Hi all,

in order to beat the recession and cheer a few of us up, I am holding a 'Haunted House' party in 3 weeks (seemed like a good idea at the time :rolleyes:!).

I've managed to source a few good props but I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help with a shop dummy / mannequin. If you know of someone getting rid of one ..or i indeed two.. can you please let me know?

I have scoured the net for 2nd hand / free ones and no avail. I'm located in Kerry but would travel to collect if that helps. Fingers crossed.. and thanks!

Don't mean to sound like a vulture, but what with recesion hit retail and all that, maybe keep your eyes peeled for clothes shops closing down?

Yep, I have been keeping an eye on a few shops (and skips too!) I would prefer to pick one up ASAP though. Its an eye opener to do a search for 'real life dummy / mannequin' and see what comes up.. not good!

... I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help with a shop dummy ...
Try the checkouts at any branch of the multiples; they'll be very lightly used and all you'll need to maintain them is endless supplies of chewing gum and old copies of Heat magazine. :rolleyes:

.. and if they move they'll scare the bejeezus out of you.

Ha ha - not too far off!!

Just a thought - if anyone has any good condition halloween props they may be interested in getting rid of, please feel free to post here or PM me.. thanks

Back