Want to be a director of NAMA?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
The Department of Finance has an ad in today's [broken link removed] seeking applications for the board of NAMA. The latest date for applications is 11 November.

I don't know if the ad is online. I can't find anything on the Department's website.

Brendan

I hope we manage to get some serious heavyweights in these positions.
I think some senior Irish business people would be good for a start, I'd like to see the likes of:
Peter Sutherland
Michael O'Leary
Dermot Desmond
I'd also like to see some serious international standard banker types from outside the country.

How about Seanie Fitz, all the necessary qualifications and buckets of experience of dealing with developers.
maybe he'd "do the State some service" and donate his time for free!

I am sure all we will get is a load of failed bankers and ff donors.

What we really need is the top business men in the country like Michael O'Leary.

“must not have any conflicts of interest likely to interfere with his/her ability to play a full part on the board”.

That's a tough one allright :rolleyes:

I am sure all we will get is a load of failed bankers and ff donors.

What we really need is the top business men in the country like Michael O'Leary.

Odds are we'll also get a bunch of developers because "developers know the property business".

How about the following Board of Directors?

Jack "10%" Welch
Rudolph "zero tolerance" Guiliani
Michael O'Leary
Shane Ross
Brendan Burgess
Maggie Thatcher

Why do they need 7?

I'd be happy with Elliot Spitzer, Warren Buffet and Des O'Malley :)

How much does it pay - no doubt >100k pa plus benefits pension & bonus. Also if you screw up your job you'll get a massive payoff right! Where do I sign!!!!

We need some people from sensible countries like Germany, someone far removed from the nod and wink circles.

I passed the the 6 Higher Diploma in Financial Advice, (QFA) after 7 weeks (low standards in high places)- have a B.Comm. (UCD) and have worked in the Irish & Hong Kong Financial Services Industry. I must be a shoe in for the job? Unless Brendan is going for it?

Well, I predicted there would be a property bubble - and staked money on it - so I guess that makes me eminently unqualified.

Back