Walt Disney World Florida

M

marley

hey all,

I'm headin over to Orlando later this month, I'm stayin on I-drive http://www.rosencentre.com/.

My question is: I only want tickets to Walt Disney for 3 days (been twice before a good while ago) so is my best place to buy them in Walmart (Used Tickets with days left) or will I just buy them online (buy 3 days and get two free)???

Second question:
How frequent is the bus service to Disney from I-Drive? Would I be best off getting to a hotel that offers a free shuttle bus? (anyone on here know of any hotels near the hotel I'm staying at near I drive that offer this?)

3rd Question:
Does anyone know of any good site that offer a free plan for organising your day at the parks? (minimum and avoiding queues and using fastpass)

Thank you very much in advance....

Hey Marley.
Hope you have a great holiday, nice time of yr to go, parks shouldnt be too busy and weather nice.
1. I would wait till I get there for passes. I mean you could ask in local shops how much etc and then also check internet when you are there incase they have deals on-line..
2. I also stayed on I-Drive but its so long, so I dont know that hotel. I know Universal is about 10min drive away from there, but I think disney is longer. maybe 20min. Most hotels offer free shuttle, so just enquire at your hotel. If you hire a car its easy to get too, just ask your hotel rep.
3.Indisney we didnt get Fast passes, no need. At universal we always did, once you arrive around 11am in the park you should be able to buy just inside the gates. I really cant remember the price, maybe it was about 30dollars each, but SOOO worth it!!

1. Its no longer possible to buy used tickets with days left as admission to the Disney parks are now by ticket and biometrics. When you first enter any of the parks your index finger is scanned and any admission from then on is by reading your fingerprint.
I have been to Disney several times and always found that prices at the box-office were always as good as what I could get anywhere else , so why pay commission to a middle-man?

2. Dont know about a bus service from I-Drive but I am sure the hotel will advise you of your best options. I usually drive and find getting around very easy, however there was one occasion two years ago when we needed to get to Disney without the car as I had a few beers the night before - we opted for a taxi and the hotel got us a private-hire car to and from our hotel on I Drive for $30 return , we just called the driver as we were leaving the park in the evening and he was at the pre-arranged pick-up point 20 mins later. Most hotels have arrangements with private operators who will oblige.

3. I would expect that in late November the queues will be minimal - if any. Also found that its best to work anti-clockwise around the parks as 90% of visitors will go clockwise!

You will have a ball - Enjoy!

Back