Walnut - solid flooring - Cost?

mozzer

Hi, I'm looking to but solid wood flooring for a new house. The type of wood I have in mind is Walnut. The house is based in the midlands so I rang a place in Athlone to find a price and they told me that it would cost 54.95 per square yard. I would have to pay to get it fitted myself. Does this sound like a reasonable price for this type of wood? If anyone knows of better value for this type of wood around the midlands, could they let me know.....Much appreciated....

irwins in Castleblayney (a little further out of the way tho') might be able to spot you some walnut at a more reasonable price ....

54.95 sounds about right as thats the price i saw it for in tubs and tiles in kilkenny

Doogo, I've looked on the GoldenPages for Irwins in Castleblayney.....Can only see Irwins Argi Store (sells Animal Feedstuffs) do you have their number....

Try tullamore floor store they also fit adn infact started and owned by a timber floor installer. try gary on 087 6486402

Problem with Irwins in Castleblayney is that they wont take back your unused wood. Also, they told me they would take back unused tiles, but only gave me a credit note, whick expired in 6 months. I got turned over good & propper.

sounds about right we priced walnut everywhere and the prices where crazy, be careful you could be charged same about per sq mtr to fit it , so try get someone to bo a nixer if you can

Irwins tel#: 042-9740278

I'd agree with BlueSpud on the customer service aspect of Irwins (they don't budge an inch on anything) but the prices can make it worthwhile to deal with them .... only a personal opinion though..

mozzer, I am also considering solid walnut floors.When you have made a final descission can you please let us all know,where was the best /cheapest to buy and what you paid to fit.Appreciate it.

No problem corco2000 - I'll be looking about over the next few weeks and as soon as the job's done I'll let you know........