Walnut Laminate Floors - what colour doors?

BONDGIRL

Hi all,
I am getting lovely laminate wooden floors done in my house - hall and sitting and dining room. I am looking to also change my doors downstairs too and skirting boards... I was thinking of walnut doors too but guy laying floors said it might look too dark?
Has anyone got this done already? or any advice what colour doors to get etc... I really dont want to make a mistake as it is costing a lot of money

I would go for a light colour wood for the doors to offset the dark walnut floors

I think white painted doors and skirting look great with walnut floors.

A lot would depend on the amount of light you have coming into the room. If you have plenty then it would most likely cope with the walnut, which sounds great to me.

I often wonder about the mixing of different types of wood, not particularly keen on mixing them myself but plenty of people do it successfully.

As I'm a maintenance free fan I certainly would not recommend the white painted doors and skirting, far too much like hard work.

As I'm a maintenance free fan I certainly would not recommend the white painted doors and skirting, far too much like hard work.

It would break my heart to have to do it myself, but if i could pay someone i'd go for it. I have walnut floors upstairs with pine / white deal skirting and doors and it's ok. Would prefer the white, but don't have the stomach to start the job.

I have recently gone for white painted skirting and white doors with a walnut floor, looks the part. Also a white kitchen with walnut handles.

I do have two big windows in sitting/dining room.
Its light enough I suppose, I have off -white walls too.
I am just sick of white doors, I have them 5 yrs now and very bored of the look!!!! I think the walnut skirts/doors sound good! will let you know what I decide.