Wallpaper for Desktop

black_pearl

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get free wallpaper for my desktop on the internet? (That isn't dodgy!) Especially looking for something like a print of Dali, but I'm really not fussy. I've tried just opening a site, rightclicking on "Set as Wallpaper" (I'm using Firefox), but it either crashes my computer within an hour or disappears the next time I start the computer so I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong. I'm scared of downloading off sites I don't recognize.

If I'm duplicating an earlier thread, sorry, could someone direct me to it?

Cheers!

Black pearl (formerly Underwater pearl)

Go to any search engine (I find www.altavista.com handy) and type in 'Dali+image'. You should get a result , find the picture you want. Instead of 'setting as wallpaper' try saving it to My documents\my pictures. Then go to you desktop , right click it, click on desk, you should have a list of pictures to set as 'background' , you might have to browse around to find the file you saved. You then have to play around with 'centre', 'split' and 'tiles' options to get it to fit the screen properly.

I am assuming you are on XP, it may be similar to 2000Prof of Win98

Much appreciated Monsieur B. & Stobear! Am now the happy owner of a decent - looking laptop. Legends!