Wall Paper Steamers - for hire

Qbot

Hi - I have another query! anyone know where you can hire wall paper steamers? have most of a house to do so probably need to rent a couple for a weekend...

I bought my steam cleaner from Argos for about €40
It might be worthwhile to buy one as it costs about half the price to rent one.
If you are determined to rent one you could go to Hills hire on the Johnstown Rd., Action Hire on the Monkstown Rd. or Chadwicks in Sallynoggin.

I didnt think of buying one.. I will check out Argos this week.. Would I need two or would one do the job? its a 3 bed house... about half of it has wallpaper to remove.

I didnt think of buying one.. I will check out Argos this week.. Would I need two or would one do the job? its a 3 bed house... about half of it has wallpaper to remove.

I bought a wallpaper steamer with a paint stripping gun in B&Q for about €35, two years ago.

One steamer per person will do the job.

I hired an industrial one for a week and stripped all the paper of a three bed in that period. A-Z Hire in Walkinstown. c.E50 for the week with E100 deposit. Was great.

I hired one last wed from Sam Hire-Coolmine Ind Park.(Blanchardstown)
It cost E75 for week- cheaper than daily- which was E25 per day- I am also doing a 3bed semi- have worked really hard about 4 hours a day since then including weekend- but with some rooms having layers of paper, I am now on 3rd bedroom, have the kitchen done, and will need to do bathroom- I have not even got near starting the living room yet!-- and only two days left of hire-- so if I had thought of it- at that price, I would have bought one- though after this job I'd never need it again. Tough work Good luck- I once burst the plaster with a steamer, so I was really nervous this time- but it does speed the job up.

Thanks cibby - I think I will just go and buy one or two of them.
I need to get a couple of rooms done over a 2 day period.. have plasterer and plumber lined up already. Can I ask how you went about taking the wallpaper off.. did you use a scrapper at all or treat the walls at all first? Maybe I can google all this but any advise would be great.

Can I ask how you went about taking the wallpaper off.. did you use a scrapper at all or treat the walls at all first? Maybe I can google all this but any advise would be great.

Had a very rough wall after removing wallpaper. Used a tub of Polycell Finishing Skim Polyfilla. Easy to use - gave a superb finish.