Walkman / CD Player or MP3 for 8yr old

polo1

Hi.
My nephew is making his communion and its also his birthday. He says he would like a portable music system - ie a walkman / cd player or mp3 I guess.

So I was just wondering whether what would be best to buy him, Are walkmans and cd players out of fashion?

The only prob is that my sister does not have a Computer to upload music to an mp3 so I guess thats out. They live in UK otherwise I could do it.

So what are my options for buying him something. Dont want to spend a huge amount on him as he is only 8..... Whats the cheapest MP3 that I could get if I was to go down that road?

Is there anything else I could get him?
Thanks,

Hi,

Well cd/walkmans are out of fashion now.
When buying an mp3 player, the price usually depends on the size. However, some makes are dearer than others. As he is just 8 yrs, I would not get anything too expensive 4 him. Take a look on www.shop4memory.com as they have some nice little mp3 players with radio (delivery is free)(Although they take batteries, sure get rechargable batteries). I am sure some one will load some mp3 on it for him anyway.

This yoke from www.7dayshop.com has got good reviews in the past and is fairly cheap.

Not to be scaremonegering, but I would imagine that young kids carrying around such gear could find themselves the targets of bullies/thieves.

There is no point in buying an mp3 layer if they don't have a computer, CD walkmans may be out of fashion but at least the child will get use out of it. They are still sold so if he has CDs I am sure he will use it